Re: [SCA-JML] Kegetsu and rank

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2006
      Noble Alcyoneus!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      > Anyone can claim they are a large unit commander. Condottieri,
      > Admiral, Captain of this or that, whatever they want to call
      > themselves, as long as they do not append an unearned/bestowed
      > Baron, Count, Duke, etc to that commander's title.

      Well, this reminds me of why Amptgaard reminds me a bit of the SCA I
      joined in years of yesterday. In times now past, there was a fellow
      in Bakhail known as "da Bish" who portrayed a bishop complete with
      mitre. As I recall, this is now a no-no, not because of the religion
      policy, but because of the assumption of rank policy.