Re: camp stools and canteens

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2006
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, ekoogler1@... wrote:

      > I seem to recall that Ii-dono entered a Japanese version in an A&S
      event competition several years ago. He made them out of large (in
      diameter) pieces of bamboo. I didn't look at the insides, but suspect
      they would have to be coated with something similar to what folks use
      to make leather jacks suitable for liquids.

      Here's a source for brewer's pitch:
      http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=373

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2006

        Greetings from Solveig! Why are you worried about the sanitary
        properties of gourds?
        You can coat the inside with something or other. The Japanese
        lacquered just about
        anything that was vegetable.