RE: [SCA-JML] Shoulder Tie

  • Rick Howard
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
      Ohayo!

      The tie that you are inquiring about is referred to as "tasuki."

      What follows is a link to a reasonable set of written instructions on
      wearing/tying this accessory:
      http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31391

      For a visual on the process:
      http://homepage1.nifty.com/koshifumi/fdc-03f.html

      Yoshi

      Akitsuki Yoshimitsu - Barony of Coeur d'Ennui, Kingdom of Calontir
      Wealth and rank are like the clouds; I do not wish for such transient
      things.

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 12, 2006
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Petee" <p8ntbllr8@...> wrote:

        > I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I am a newbie, so sorry
        > guys. So my question is what are those ties that you see samurai wear
        > that go over their shoulders and cross on the back, I am guessing that
        > they are to tie up the sleves of the kamono when they duel, but what
        > are they called, what are they made of and how do they tie them?
        > Thanks

        I think your post hit twice, sir.

        Start here and then read the two messages that follow.

        Saionji no Hanae, West Kingdom