Re: [SCA-JML] Re: My first suit!

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
      Oh please tell me you're going to a Mempo with that out fit! *grinning* I don't think any suit of Japanese armor looks good without the fearsom Mempo mask to go with it. But that's just me.

      men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
      It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been so much
      easier with 8 or 16!
      Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
      break all this hard work.
      Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
      quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)

      Paul

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@...> wrote:

      > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
      > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
      >
      > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
      >
      > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
      >
      > Paul

    • men_yoroi
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
        HAHA! I am indeed going to (attempt) make one thought a have a
        terrible feeling that it wont be as easy as its described on
        Effinghams site.
        Probably going to have a moustache and the little bit below the bottom lip

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Diane Taylor <qara0@...> wrote:

        > Oh please tell me you're going to a Mempo with that out fit!
        *grinning* I don't think any suit of Japanese armor looks good
        without the fearsom Mempo mask to go with it. But that's just me.

        > men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
        > It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been
        so much
        > easier with 8 or 16!
        > Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
        > break all this hard work.
        > Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
        > quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
        > > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
        > >
        > > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
        > >
        > > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
        > >
        > > Paul

      • Frank Downs
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2006
          Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!

          Frank Downs
        • Otagiri Tatsuzou
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
            > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
            > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
            >
            > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
            >
            > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
            >
            > Paul

            Really nice work!

            Otagiri