Re: [SCA-JML] My first suit!

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 2006
      Wow!

      Is that a 32 plate helmet? Very Nice. Are you going to be fighting in it?

      Very nice, Paul. Keep it going.

      Qara

      men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
      I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
      people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)

      All the pictures and descriptions are here:

      www.freewebs.com/yoroi

      Paul

    • men_yoroi
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
        It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been so much
        easier with 8 or 16!
        Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
        break all this hard work.
        Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
        quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)

        Paul

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@...> wrote:

        > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
        > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
        >
        > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
        >
        > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
        >
        > Paul

      • Diane Taylor
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
          Oh please tell me you're going to a Mempo with that out fit! *grinning* I don't think any suit of Japanese armor looks good without the fearsom Mempo mask to go with it. But that's just me.

          men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
          It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been so much
          easier with 8 or 16!
          Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
          break all this hard work.
          Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
          quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)

          Paul

          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@...> wrote:

          > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
          > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
          >
          > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
          >
          > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
          >
          > Paul

        • men_yoroi
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
            HAHA! I am indeed going to (attempt) make one thought a have a
            terrible feeling that it wont be as easy as its described on
            Effinghams site.
            Probably going to have a moustache and the little bit below the bottom lip

            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Diane Taylor <qara0@...> wrote:

            > Oh please tell me you're going to a Mempo with that out fit!
            *grinning* I don't think any suit of Japanese armor looks good
            without the fearsom Mempo mask to go with it. But that's just me.

            > men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
            > It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been
            so much
            > easier with 8 or 16!
            > Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
            > break all this hard work.
            > Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
            > quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)
            >
            > Paul
            >
            > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
            > > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
            > >
            > > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
            > >
            > > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
            > >
            > > Paul

          • Frank Downs
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 12, 2006
              Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!

              Frank Downs
            • Otagiri Tatsuzou
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
                > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
                > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
                >
                > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
                >
                > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
                >
                > Paul

                Really nice work!

                Otagiri