Re: [SCA-JML] My first suit!

  • sekinakagawa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 10, 2006
      Must say is very nice work. Look forward seing more of your armor as is
      made.

      Nakagawa Sukeie

    • Diane Taylor
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 10, 2006
        Wow!

        Is that a 32 plate helmet? Very Nice. Are you going to be fighting in it?

        Very nice, Paul. Keep it going.

        Qara

        men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
        I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
        people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)

        All the pictures and descriptions are here:

        www.freewebs.com/yoroi

        Paul

      • men_yoroi
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
          It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been so much
          easier with 8 or 16!
          Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
          break all this hard work.
          Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
          quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)

          Paul

          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@...> wrote:

          > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
          > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
          >
          > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
          >
          > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
          >
          > Paul

        • Diane Taylor
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
            Oh please tell me you're going to a Mempo with that out fit! *grinning* I don't think any suit of Japanese armor looks good without the fearsom Mempo mask to go with it. But that's just me.

            men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
            It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been so much
            easier with 8 or 16!
            Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
            break all this hard work.
            Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
            quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)

            Paul

            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@...> wrote:

            > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
            > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
            >
            > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
            >
            > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
            >
            > Paul

          • men_yoroi
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 11, 2006
              HAHA! I am indeed going to (attempt) make one thought a have a
              terrible feeling that it wont be as easy as its described on
              Effinghams site.
              Probably going to have a moustache and the little bit below the bottom lip

              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Diane Taylor <qara0@...> wrote:

              > Oh please tell me you're going to a Mempo with that out fit!
              *grinning* I don't think any suit of Japanese armor looks good
              without the fearsom Mempo mask to go with it. But that's just me.

              > men_yoroi <men_yoroi@...> wrote:
              > It is indeed 32 plates! Looking back life would have been
              so much
              > easier with 8 or 16!
              > Sadly there is no fighting anywhere near me, though I wouldn't want to
              > break all this hard work.
              > Shouldn't be long until I have something else on there as its all
              > quite easy compared to the helmet (I hope...)
              >
              > Paul
              >
              > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "men_yoroi" <men_yoroi@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
              > > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
              > >
              > > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
              > >
              > > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
              > >
              > > Paul

            • Frank Downs
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 12, 2006
                Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!

                Frank Downs
              • Otagiri Tatsuzou
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
                  > I am just a little too proud perhaps but I would greatly appreciate
                  > people's opinions on my work so far (the helmet)
                  >
                  > All the pictures and descriptions are here:
                  >
                  > www.freewebs.com/yoroi
                  >
                  > Paul

                  Really nice work!

                  Otagiri