Kegutsu

  • Ezequiel
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 8, 2006
      Greetings!
      I have posted pictures of my Kegutsu project, it shows the materials
      and one of the finished boot (of course the materials showing will be
      the other boot). I just couldn't wait to show the one I just finish.
      The design is from Clan Yama Kaminari, I believe Sir Ogami Akira's.
      I have learned a lot from them and I am very proud to show the product
      of their inspiration, I hope you all like the pictures. For those of
      you whom are part of the Clan, thanks for your work. And thank to all
      of you whom always are here to answer the call for help. Domo arigato.

      Gratefully,
      Nakagawa Sukeie
      Canton of Silverhart, An Tir

      "To ask a question may be a moments shame,
      But not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame"
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 30, 2006

        > Maybe you could subscribe to some of the top journals . . . ones in
        > Japanese would be a good start.

        I do subscribe to Monumenta Nipponica and the Journal of Asian
        Studies. Subscribing to Japanese journals is a bit more difficult at
        times.

        > Otherwise, I don't see the point in discussing issues if you are
        > unwilling to read and study
        > contrary viewpoints.

        The tone of this "discussion" is becoming unnecessarily snarky. As I
        recall, you began this particular exchange by making an
        unsubstantiated claim.
        Providing citations afterwards is laudable, but becoming petulant
        when people do not immediately read your citations despite the fact
        that it requires time to track them down is simply unreasonable.
        Regardless, as I recall, your assertion was that there were more
        female samurai in a single SCA barony than in all of pre-modern
        Japan. This is an astonishingly strong statement. It requires an
        incidence of female samurai in ALL of premodern Japanese history so
        low as to be effectively zero. Even one female samurai in all of
        Japan every few generations or so would over the course of several
        hundred years exceed the total population of all but the largest SCA
        baronies. Further, at least some of the females of my acquaintance
        who do engage in martial activities do in fact affect masculine
        persona while doing so. So, please at least clarify whether these
        females whom you object to are in fact asserting themselves to be
        undisguised amazonian warriors from premodern Japan. Finally, I
        wonder whether your objections also extend to women playing flutes or
        other ostensibly masculine instruments.