RE: [SCA-JML] Well, I did it.

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2006
      I'll see what I can do about that

      My mom loves to sew and one time, when we were in Atlantia, we went to a fighter practice and my mom had actually made up a Nun's Habiti.. complete with the rosary and belt. *snicker* She had gotten there before I did and I wandered up to her and we started talking. Then I went over to my friends and said, "So, what do you think of my Mom?" Jaws dropped, eyeballs popped out and at least one fighter said, "THAT's YOUR MOM?!?!?!"

      heheheh, I had to explain that no, she wasn't a real Nun and Yes, that was my Mom and she likes to sew. Hehehe, That's how good she is when it comes to garb. I'm not sure if she has that one anymore, but it was worth it to see the expressions. hehehe

      Again, I'll see what I can do about getting her to post the patterns...

      However, if you want some good images, I'm not sure if this link is in the Group Link area, but it's a good website that has decent pictures and a PDF file that you can download.

      http://www.geocities.com/mokuraibozu/Being_a_monk.html

      Hope this helps,
      Qara

      Chiba Ry├║ichiro <chiba@...> wrote:
      > Actually, my Mom and I put our heads together via Instant Messenger
      > and she managed to sew up, from various and sundry pictures and
      > descriptions, a very close aproximation to a set of Zen Buddhist robes.

      Any chance you'll be posting your 'pattern' somewhere?

      Live, Love, Learn!
      -Chibasama Ry├║ichiro