Re: [SCA-JML] This came from an ex-girlfriend

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2006
      Could someone get pictures? I would love to go, but I'm not anywhere near the event. ;D

      Incidentally, a bit of news for those of you who heard me asking about patterns for Zen robes a while back.

      It took a few months of delving into the Internet and finding really old pictures, a Kimono pattern, and a LOT of hours IMing and discussing text description of the robes with my mom. But I made my debute at my Baronial Anniversary as a Zen nun, complete with staff and a Mala. Just in time to join in the procession to escort my best friend up to get his Laurell! He loved it!

      I'm currently waiting on the one picture I got someone to tak of my robes so I can send it to my Mom. She lives up in Addy, Washington and loves to sew garb. So I'm the one looking up goodies on the internet while she figures out how to make them look good. :D

      Incidentally, I am also giving serious thought about taking up Target Archery. Any links to Japanese archery would be wonderful.

      Qara

      Rick Johnson <rikjohnson@...> wrote:
      Your Dudeness-San,

      Just thought you'd be interested to know that the U of A Museum of Art
      has an exhibit running now through January 7, 2007, entitled "The
      Faithful Samurai", which includes prints, artifacts, swords and
      costumes. Plus, on Nov. 4 from noon to 4pm, there'll be a Samurai
      theatre festival. And, the whole thing's free! Such a deal! The museum
      is at 1031 N. Olive, on the U of A campus, just south of Speedway. Go
      there- you'll LIKE it!!

      Tish-i-san, which probably means something terribly rude in Japanese

      Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
      http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ