RE: [SCA-JML] Oversized Kabuto available.

  • Michael Peters
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
      More information.

      I've received a number of inquiries, so I'm posting more details.

      I was building a large for a gentleman with a 24" head measurement. This
      top came out 30" at the brow which is *I* feel too big. SCA helmets tend to
      look out of proportion anyway due to our padding requirements and 1" + is
      too much. Someone 24.5" plus should wear this hat.

      At this point the top is done, so options like repousse' on the mabizashi
      and a full menpo are out. Constuction is 13 ga. top, 15 ga. back shirt and
      hanbo, 1mm 1050c shikoro and yodare kake. Black or red powder-coating and
      your choice of lacing colors. $730 +shipping.

      Options available are standard shikoro mounts (copper rivits), medium grade
      (brass crysanthemum rivits), medium grade kanamono (brass), deluxe byo and
      kanamono (gold plated copper). Removable fukigaeshi (recommended).

      I am busily trying to catch up (remake) the one that was ordered, but *if*
      someone orders the XL completion is roughly 3 weeks.

      Michael/Mykaru