RE: [SCA-JML] Oversized Kabuto available.

  • Horatius at the Bridge
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
      How big a melon are we talking? I wear a size 8. Are we talking double
      digits here? Whats the circumfrence? WHat are the major and minor axes?

      Ask a Soviet engineer to design a pair of shoes and he'll come up with
      something that looks like the boxes that the shoes came in; ask him to make
      something that will massacre Germans, and he turns into Thomas Edison. --
      Neal Stephenson

      >From: "M. J. Peters" <shdwstel@...>
      >To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA-JML] Oversized Kabuto available.
      >Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:09:39 -0000
      >
      > Due to my paying more attention to the lines rather than the
      >measurements of a zunari I've been working on, I've completed an
      >oversized top for a zunari kabuto.
      >
      >If you've got a BIG grape and have been looking for a kabuto e-mail
      >me.

    • La Tanya Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
        Greetings,

        I am interested in purchasing this for my husband. Can you please email me
        off list?

        my_rp_faces@...

        in service,

        -Affrika the Strong

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
          More information.

          I've received a number of inquiries, so I'm posting more details.

          I was building a large for a gentleman with a 24" head measurement. This
          top came out 30" at the brow which is *I* feel too big. SCA helmets tend to
          look out of proportion anyway due to our padding requirements and 1" + is
          too much. Someone 24.5" plus should wear this hat.

          At this point the top is done, so options like repousse' on the mabizashi
          and a full menpo are out. Constuction is 13 ga. top, 15 ga. back shirt and
          hanbo, 1mm 1050c shikoro and yodare kake. Black or red powder-coating and
          your choice of lacing colors. $730 +shipping.

          Options available are standard shikoro mounts (copper rivits), medium grade
          (brass crysanthemum rivits), medium grade kanamono (brass), deluxe byo and
          kanamono (gold plated copper). Removable fukigaeshi (recommended).

          I am busily trying to catch up (remake) the one that was ordered, but *if*
          someone orders the XL completion is roughly 3 weeks.

          Michael/Mykaru