Oversized Kabuto available.

  • M. J. Peters
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
      Due to my paying more attention to the lines rather than the
      measurements of a zunari I've been working on, I've completed an
      oversized top for a zunari kabuto.

      If you've got a BIG grape and have been looking for a kabuto e-mail
      me.
    • Horatius at the Bridge
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
        How big a melon are we talking? I wear a size 8. Are we talking double
        digits here? Whats the circumfrence? WHat are the major and minor axes?

        Ask a Soviet engineer to design a pair of shoes and he'll come up with
        something that looks like the boxes that the shoes came in; ask him to make
        something that will massacre Germans, and he turns into Thomas Edison. --
        Neal Stephenson

        >From: "M. J. Peters" <shdwstel@...>
        >To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA-JML] Oversized Kabuto available.
        >Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:09:39 -0000
        >
        > Due to my paying more attention to the lines rather than the
        >measurements of a zunari I've been working on, I've completed an
        >oversized top for a zunari kabuto.
        >
        >If you've got a BIG grape and have been looking for a kabuto e-mail
        >me.

      • La Tanya Taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
          Greetings,

          I am interested in purchasing this for my husband. Can you please email me
          off list?

          my_rp_faces@...

          in service,

          -Affrika the Strong

          _____

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2006
            More information.

            I've received a number of inquiries, so I'm posting more details.

            I was building a large for a gentleman with a 24" head measurement. This
            top came out 30" at the brow which is *I* feel too big. SCA helmets tend to
            look out of proportion anyway due to our padding requirements and 1" + is
            too much. Someone 24.5" plus should wear this hat.

            At this point the top is done, so options like repousse' on the mabizashi
            and a full menpo are out. Constuction is 13 ga. top, 15 ga. back shirt and
            hanbo, 1mm 1050c shikoro and yodare kake. Black or red powder-coating and
            your choice of lacing colors. $730 +shipping.

            Options available are standard shikoro mounts (copper rivits), medium grade
            (brass crysanthemum rivits), medium grade kanamono (brass), deluxe byo and
            kanamono (gold plated copper). Removable fukigaeshi (recommended).

            I am busily trying to catch up (remake) the one that was ordered, but *if*
            someone orders the XL completion is roughly 3 weeks.

            Michael/Mykaru