Well, I did it.

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2006
      Actually, my Mom and I put our heads together via Instant Messenger
      and she managed to sew up, from various and sundry pictures and
      descriptions, a very close aproximation to a set of Zen Buddhist robes.

      Okay, so she had the Kimono pattern and I went diving into a few links
      that I saw here and ones that I already had in my Favorites listing.
      But we did it.

      She lives up in Washington state and I'm down here in Southern
      California. so it was basically one of those send the pictures and
      talk about them kind of things.

      I'm going to have to make a couple of adjustments to the whole thing,
      but it looks good! I tried it on and went WOW!!!

      I'll be wearing it at our Baronial Anniversary this Saturday and
      hopefully someone will be there with a digital camera.

      Will post pictures, I promise,
      Qara Unegen
    • Chiba Ryúichiro
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2006
        > Actually, my Mom and I put our heads together via Instant Messenger
        > and she managed to sew up, from various and sundry pictures and
        > descriptions, a very close aproximation to a set of Zen Buddhist robes.

        Any chance you'll be posting your 'pattern' somewhere?

        Live, Love, Learn!
        -Chibasama Ryúichiro
      • Diane Taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2006
          I'll see what I can do about that

          My mom loves to sew and one time, when we were in Atlantia, we went to a fighter practice and my mom had actually made up a Nun's Habiti.. complete with the rosary and belt. *snicker* She had gotten there before I did and I wandered up to her and we started talking. Then I went over to my friends and said, "So, what do you think of my Mom?" Jaws dropped, eyeballs popped out and at least one fighter said, "THAT's YOUR MOM?!?!?!"

          heheheh, I had to explain that no, she wasn't a real Nun and Yes, that was my Mom and she likes to sew. Hehehe, That's how good she is when it comes to garb. I'm not sure if she has that one anymore, but it was worth it to see the expressions. hehehe

          Again, I'll see what I can do about getting her to post the patterns...

          However, if you want some good images, I'm not sure if this link is in the Group Link area, but it's a good website that has decent pictures and a PDF file that you can download.

          http://www.geocities.com/mokuraibozu/Being_a_monk.html

          Hope this helps,
          Qara