Re: [SCA-JML] Re: halloween

  • Rick Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
      I found Kibikichi 1 & 2 at Best Buy.
      They are set in the 19th century becuase of the gatling guns but are
      standard Chanbara films with semi-medieval life and lots of sword-play.

      The idea is that Japan had made a deal with the Yoroi monsters to live
      in peace then the current shogum decided to exterminate them so bought
      American weapons and sent the army in to destroy the Yoroi village.

      Like any B-grade chanbara, lots of rubber costumes, slo-mo action and
      tons of blood.
      Nowhere near 7 Samurai or Yojimbo but still fun to watch.

      And really, outside an event, how often do you get a chance to show
      off your Costume? Or even wear what you want and not care if it is
      Period?

      And this woman I am taking to the party finds a Kimono to be really
      hot! And though women prefer the seduction of the vampire, many
      secretly desire the passionate violence of the werewolf.

      interesting fantasy images there...
      especially if i can make the host (an ex-gf) jealous for dumping me.

      Date wants to go as Medusa which means she borrows my daughters Greek
      Chiton which I hope to convince her to let me modify to open side.

      Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
      http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

      -- James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...> wrote:
      > From: Rick Johnson
      > Kibikichi! The Japanese Samurai werewolf.
      > And I even have everything except the hands which I can make out of
      > scraps of fake-fur and some gloves.
      >
      > Now, since I only saw Kibikichi 1 and don�t own Kibikichi 2, any way
      > can fit a kayak into the thing?

      The movies sound like real howlers ;) Wonder if the local place has
      them
      for rent...

      Jim Eckman

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • sekinakagawa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
        Greetings to all!
        It's funny that you are talking about mixing our normal SCA attire with
        halloween thems, the last couple of years, I have used face make-up and plastic
        prostetics to make my natural face to look like a Lion, and I use a wig,
        and my kimono and hakama, let me tell you, I will be doing the same thing this
        year because I have not lost a costume contest yet. So, it is a fun thing to
        do, my original thoughts a few years back were the Thunder Cats! But my
        immagintion got running loose and I created a bushi lion!
        So go for it!

        Nakagawa Sukeie