Re: halloween

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
      > From: Rick Johnson
      > Kibikichi! The Japanese Samurai werewolf.
      > And I even have everything except the hands which I can make out of
      > scraps of fake-fur and some gloves.
      >
      > Now, since I only saw Kibikichi 1 and don’t own Kibikichi 2, any way I
      > can fit a kayak into the thing?

      The movies sound like real howlers ;) Wonder if the local place has them
      for rent...

      Jim Eckman
    • Rick Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
        I found Kibikichi 1 & 2 at Best Buy.
        They are set in the 19th century becuase of the gatling guns but are
        standard Chanbara films with semi-medieval life and lots of sword-play.

        The idea is that Japan had made a deal with the Yoroi monsters to live
        in peace then the current shogum decided to exterminate them so bought
        American weapons and sent the army in to destroy the Yoroi village.

        Like any B-grade chanbara, lots of rubber costumes, slo-mo action and
        tons of blood.
        Nowhere near 7 Samurai or Yojimbo but still fun to watch.

        And really, outside an event, how often do you get a chance to show
        off your Costume? Or even wear what you want and not care if it is
        Period?

        And this woman I am taking to the party finds a Kimono to be really
        hot! And though women prefer the seduction of the vampire, many
        secretly desire the passionate violence of the werewolf.

        interesting fantasy images there...
        especially if i can make the host (an ex-gf) jealous for dumping me.

        Date wants to go as Medusa which means she borrows my daughters Greek
        Chiton which I hope to convince her to let me modify to open side.

        Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
        http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
        http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
        http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

        -- James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...> wrote:
        > From: Rick Johnson
        > Kibikichi! The Japanese Samurai werewolf.
        > And I even have everything except the hands which I can make out of
        > scraps of fake-fur and some gloves.
        >
        > Now, since I only saw Kibikichi 1 and don�t own Kibikichi 2, any way
        > can fit a kayak into the thing?

        The movies sound like real howlers ;) Wonder if the local place has
        them
        for rent...

        Jim Eckman

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • sekinakagawa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
          Greetings to all!
          It's funny that you are talking about mixing our normal SCA attire with
          halloween thems, the last couple of years, I have used face make-up and plastic
          prostetics to make my natural face to look like a Lion, and I use a wig,
          and my kimono and hakama, let me tell you, I will be doing the same thing this
          year because I have not lost a costume contest yet. So, it is a fun thing to
          do, my original thoughts a few years back were the Thunder Cats! But my
          immagintion got running loose and I created a bushi lion!
          So go for it!

          Nakagawa Sukeie