halloween

  • Rick Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
      The nice thing about this time of year is that I can combine all of my
      favorite things� well almost all.

      Werewolves, (Brown or grey mask?)
      Japanese attire (I do want another kimono but ran out of money)
      Japanese swords (hmmm, my Paul Chen or Cold Steel?)
      Japanese cinema
      Wild sex (depending on the party<g>)
      Maybe even kayaking and pizza???

      Kibikichi! The Japanese Samurai werewolf.
      And I even have everything except the hands which I can make out of
      scraps of fake-fur and some gloves.

      Now, since I only saw Kibikichi 1 and don�t own Kibikichi 2, any way I
      can fit a kayak into the thing?

      Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
      http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
        > From: Rick Johnson
        > Kibikichi! The Japanese Samurai werewolf.
        > And I even have everything except the hands which I can make out of
        > scraps of fake-fur and some gloves.
        >
        > Now, since I only saw Kibikichi 1 and don’t own Kibikichi 2, any way I
        > can fit a kayak into the thing?

        The movies sound like real howlers ;) Wonder if the local place has them
        for rent...

        Jim Eckman
      • Rick Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
          I found Kibikichi 1 & 2 at Best Buy.
          They are set in the 19th century becuase of the gatling guns but are
          standard Chanbara films with semi-medieval life and lots of sword-play.

          The idea is that Japan had made a deal with the Yoroi monsters to live
          in peace then the current shogum decided to exterminate them so bought
          American weapons and sent the army in to destroy the Yoroi village.

          Like any B-grade chanbara, lots of rubber costumes, slo-mo action and
          tons of blood.
          Nowhere near 7 Samurai or Yojimbo but still fun to watch.

          And really, outside an event, how often do you get a chance to show
          off your Costume? Or even wear what you want and not care if it is
          Period?

          And this woman I am taking to the party finds a Kimono to be really
          hot! And though women prefer the seduction of the vampire, many
          secretly desire the passionate violence of the werewolf.

          interesting fantasy images there...
          especially if i can make the host (an ex-gf) jealous for dumping me.

          Date wants to go as Medusa which means she borrows my daughters Greek
          Chiton which I hope to convince her to let me modify to open side.

          -- James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...> wrote:
          > From: Rick Johnson
          > Kibikichi! The Japanese Samurai werewolf.
          > And I even have everything except the hands which I can make out of
          > scraps of fake-fur and some gloves.
          >
          > Now, since I only saw Kibikichi 1 and don�t own Kibikichi 2, any way
          > can fit a kayak into the thing?

          The movies sound like real howlers ;) Wonder if the local place has
          them
          for rent...

          Jim Eckman

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • sekinakagawa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 19, 2006
            Greetings to all!
            It's funny that you are talking about mixing our normal SCA attire with
            halloween thems, the last couple of years, I have used face make-up and plastic
            prostetics to make my natural face to look like a Lion, and I use a wig,
            and my kimono and hakama, let me tell you, I will be doing the same thing this
            year because I have not lost a costume contest yet. So, it is a fun thing to
            do, my original thoughts a few years back were the Thunder Cats! But my
            immagintion got running loose and I created a bushi lion!
            So go for it!

            Nakagawa Sukeie