Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Artisan Champion!

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
      wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
      And do those of us who believe that the arts are not a horse race and
      choose not to participate in competitions dishonor "all of us?"
      Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
      paintbrush, needle or chisel?

      Saionji

      Death by peacock feather.

      Alcyoneus

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
        Greetings!
        The artisan's name is Lord James as to the name of his shire, I am not
        sure he is in Deville, LA, I am in the Barony of Marinus, Atlantia. The helm he
        entered in the competition is not shown anywhere that I know of ... however,
        there is a picture of a similar item in his web site which is
        _http://www.mysticmetals.net_ (http://www.mysticmetals.net) . Bottom of the helm list.
        As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and for
        those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

        Humbly,
        Nakagawa Sukeie

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:
          > As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and
          for
          > those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

          Not offended, merely trying to make a point. Art is not a horse race.
          Creative endeavor does not have to be quantified, measured and judged
          to have merit. Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
          deprive the user of their function.

          Saionji no Hanae, Devil's Advocate
        • Otagiri Tatsuzou
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
            > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
            > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
            >
            > Saionji

            Try a dull spoon...

            ... Try harder.

            ;)

            --o
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
              > Try a dull spoon...
              >
              > ... Try harder.

              Ah, such HELPFUL seconds I have. ;->

              Saionji no Must I Get The Smackity Fan?
            • sekinakagawa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                In a message dated 9/5/2006 4:15:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                wodeford@... writes:

                Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
                deprive the user of their function.

                Greetings Hanae-dono,
                I understand, however this piece will not sit around, but will go over my
                large melon, and hopefully (and if skilled enough) it will remain in one
                piece as I do not believe my head to make a good target, something about been
                death that doesn't appeal .
                Thanks for all the thoughts and comments.

                Humbly,
                Nakagawa Sukeie

              • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                  On 9/5/06, Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:

                  > > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
                  > > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
                  > >
                  > > Saionji
                  >
                  > Try a dull spoon...
                  >
                  > ... Try harder.