Re: Artisan Champion!

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ezequiel" <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:

      > Greetings to All!
      > No, I did not win a championship at all, however, I wrote a letter a
      > while back about my new Zunari, well, the armorer who built it, built
      > another one and entered his shire's arts competition this weekend and
      > won the shire's championship.
      > I thought this was worth mentioning as the piece is of course
      > Japanese and I believe he honors all of us by entering a Japanese piece
      > and winning.

      So, does this artisan have a name? Does the shire have a name?

      And do those of us who believe that the arts are not a horse race and
      choose not to participate in competitions dishonor "all of us?"
      Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
      paintbrush, needle or chisel?

      Saionji
    • Park McKellop
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
        wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
        And do those of us who believe that the arts are not a horse race and
        choose not to participate in competitions dishonor "all of us?"
        Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
        paintbrush, needle or chisel?

        Saionji

        Death by peacock feather.

        Alcyoneus

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
          Greetings!
          The artisan's name is Lord James as to the name of his shire, I am not
          sure he is in Deville, LA, I am in the Barony of Marinus, Atlantia. The helm he
          entered in the competition is not shown anywhere that I know of ... however,
          there is a picture of a similar item in his web site which is
          _http://www.mysticmetals.net_ (http://www.mysticmetals.net) . Bottom of the helm list.
          As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and for
          those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

          Humbly,
          Nakagawa Sukeie

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:
            > As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and
            for
            > those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

            Not offended, merely trying to make a point. Art is not a horse race.
            Creative endeavor does not have to be quantified, measured and judged
            to have merit. Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
            deprive the user of their function.

            Saionji no Hanae, Devil's Advocate
          • Otagiri Tatsuzou
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
              > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
              > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
              >
              > Saionji

              Try a dull spoon...

              ... Try harder.

              ;)

              --o
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
                > Try a dull spoon...
                >
                > ... Try harder.

                Ah, such HELPFUL seconds I have. ;->

                Saionji no Must I Get The Smackity Fan?
              • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                  In a message dated 9/5/2006 4:15:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  wodeford@... writes:

                  Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
                  deprive the user of their function.

                  Greetings Hanae-dono,
                  I understand, however this piece will not sit around, but will go over my
                  large melon, and hopefully (and if skilled enough) it will remain in one
                  piece as I do not believe my head to make a good target, something about been
                  death that doesn't appeal .
                  Thanks for all the thoughts and comments.

                  Humbly,
                  Nakagawa Sukeie

                • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                    On 9/5/06, Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:

                    > > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
                    > > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
                    > >
                    > > Saionji
                    >
                    > Try a dull spoon...
                    >
                    > ... Try harder.