Re: Artisan Champion!

  • Otagiri Tatsuzou
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
      > Greetings to All!
      > No, I did not win a championship at all, however, I wrote a letter a
      > while back about my new Zunari, well, the armorer who built it, built
      > another one and entered his shire's arts competition this weekend and
      > won the shire's championship.
      > I thought this was worth mentioning as the piece is of course
      > Japanese and I believe he honors all of us by entering a Japanese piece
      > and winning.
      >
      > respectfully,
      > Nakagawa Sukeie

      Well done! I am glad you shared this with us.

      Are there links to pics of his display or your kabuto?
      Otagiri
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ezequiel" <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:

        > Greetings to All!
        > No, I did not win a championship at all, however, I wrote a letter a
        > while back about my new Zunari, well, the armorer who built it, built
        > another one and entered his shire's arts competition this weekend and
        > won the shire's championship.
        > I thought this was worth mentioning as the piece is of course
        > Japanese and I believe he honors all of us by entering a Japanese piece
        > and winning.

        So, does this artisan have a name? Does the shire have a name?

        And do those of us who believe that the arts are not a horse race and
        choose not to participate in competitions dishonor "all of us?"
        Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
        paintbrush, needle or chisel?

        Saionji
      • Park McKellop
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
          wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
          And do those of us who believe that the arts are not a horse race and
          choose not to participate in competitions dishonor "all of us?"
          Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
          paintbrush, needle or chisel?

          Saionji

          Death by peacock feather.

          Alcyoneus

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
            Greetings!
            The artisan's name is Lord James as to the name of his shire, I am not
            sure he is in Deville, LA, I am in the Barony of Marinus, Atlantia. The helm he
            entered in the competition is not shown anywhere that I know of ... however,
            there is a picture of a similar item in his web site which is
            _http://www.mysticmetals.net_ (http://www.mysticmetals.net) . Bottom of the helm list.
            As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and for
            those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

            Humbly,
            Nakagawa Sukeie

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:
              > As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and
              for
              > those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

              Not offended, merely trying to make a point. Art is not a horse race.
              Creative endeavor does not have to be quantified, measured and judged
              to have merit. Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
              deprive the user of their function.

              Saionji no Hanae, Devil's Advocate
            • Otagiri Tatsuzou
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
                > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
                >
                > Saionji

                Try a dull spoon...

                ... Try harder.

                ;)

                --o
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
                  > Try a dull spoon...
                  >
                  > ... Try harder.

                  Ah, such HELPFUL seconds I have. ;->

                  Saionji no Must I Get The Smackity Fan?
                • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                    In a message dated 9/5/2006 4:15:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    wodeford@... writes:

                    Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
                    deprive the user of their function.

                    Greetings Hanae-dono,
                    I understand, however this piece will not sit around, but will go over my
                    large melon, and hopefully (and if skilled enough) it will remain in one
                    piece as I do not believe my head to make a good target, something about been
                    death that doesn't appeal .
                    Thanks for all the thoughts and comments.

                    Humbly,
                    Nakagawa Sukeie

                  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                      On 9/5/06, Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:

                      > > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
                      > > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
                      > >
                      > > Saionji
                      >
                      > Try a dull spoon...
                      >
                      > ... Try harder.