Artisan Champion!

  • Ezequiel
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
      Greetings to All!
      No, I did not win a championship at all, however, I wrote a letter a
      while back about my new Zunari, well, the armorer who built it, built
      another one and entered his shire's arts competition this weekend and
      won the shire's championship.
      I thought this was worth mentioning as the piece is of course
      Japanese and I believe he honors all of us by entering a Japanese piece
      and winning.

      respectfully,
      Nakagawa Sukeie
    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
        > Greetings to All!
        > No, I did not win a championship at all, however, I wrote a letter a
        > while back about my new Zunari, well, the armorer who built it, built
        > another one and entered his shire's arts competition this weekend and
        > won the shire's championship.
        > I thought this was worth mentioning as the piece is of course
        > Japanese and I believe he honors all of us by entering a Japanese piece
        > and winning.
        >
        > respectfully,
        > Nakagawa Sukeie

        Well done! I am glad you shared this with us.

        Are there links to pics of his display or your kabuto?
        Otagiri
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ezequiel" <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:

          > Greetings to All!
          > No, I did not win a championship at all, however, I wrote a letter a
          > while back about my new Zunari, well, the armorer who built it, built
          > another one and entered his shire's arts competition this weekend and
          > won the shire's championship.
          > I thought this was worth mentioning as the piece is of course
          > Japanese and I believe he honors all of us by entering a Japanese piece
          > and winning.

          So, does this artisan have a name? Does the shire have a name?

          And do those of us who believe that the arts are not a horse race and
          choose not to participate in competitions dishonor "all of us?"
          Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
          paintbrush, needle or chisel?

          Saionji
        • Park McKellop
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
            wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
            And do those of us who believe that the arts are not a horse race and
            choose not to participate in competitions dishonor "all of us?"
            Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
            paintbrush, needle or chisel?

            Saionji

            Death by peacock feather.

            Alcyoneus

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
              Greetings!
              The artisan's name is Lord James as to the name of his shire, I am not
              sure he is in Deville, LA, I am in the Barony of Marinus, Atlantia. The helm he
              entered in the competition is not shown anywhere that I know of ... however,
              there is a picture of a similar item in his web site which is
              _http://www.mysticmetals.net_ (http://www.mysticmetals.net) . Bottom of the helm list.
              As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and for
              those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

              Humbly,
              Nakagawa Sukeie

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:
                > As with all, thanks to those of you who join in his happiness, and
                for
                > those of you whom I may have offended Gomen nasai!

                Not offended, merely trying to make a point. Art is not a horse race.
                Creative endeavor does not have to be quantified, measured and judged
                to have merit. Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
                deprive the user of their function.

                Saionji no Hanae, Devil's Advocate
              • Otagiri Tatsuzou
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                  > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
                  > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
                  >
                  > Saionji

                  Try a dull spoon...

                  ... Try harder.

                  ;)

                  --o
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                    --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@...> wrote:
                    > Try a dull spoon...
                    >
                    > ... Try harder.

                    Ah, such HELPFUL seconds I have. ;->

                    Saionji no Must I Get The Smackity Fan?
                  • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                      In a message dated 9/5/2006 4:15:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      wodeford@... writes:

                      Objects of use need not sit on a display table and
                      deprive the user of their function.

                      Greetings Hanae-dono,
                      I understand, however this piece will not sit around, but will go over my
                      large melon, and hopefully (and if skilled enough) it will remain in one
                      piece as I do not believe my head to make a good target, something about been
                      death that doesn't appeal .
                      Thanks for all the thoughts and comments.

                      Humbly,
                      Nakagawa Sukeie

                    • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                        On 9/5/06, Otagiri Tatsuzou <ronbroberg@...> wrote:

                        > > Because if so, I shall have to commit jigai very shortly. Shall it be
                        > > paintbrush, needle or chisel?
                        > >
                        > > Saionji
                        >
                        > Try a dull spoon...
                        >
                        > ... Try harder.