Re: [SCA-JML] Yugake

    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 3 6:41 PM
      Baron Edward!

      Greetings from Solveig!

      >> Greetings from Solveig! Kyudo practitioners wear two gloves, but they
      >> are different. One is for holding the bow while the other is for
      >> holding
      >> the arrow.
      >
      > No, we don't. There's only the one glove in kyudo. At least,
      > MODERN kyudo that is.

      I may be monumentally confused, but Yumi seems to think otherwise.
      Maybe I am getting the wearing of them wrong. Maybe one glove over
      the other?

    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 6 11:48 AM
        > > Greetings from Solveig! Kyudo practitioners wear two gloves, but they
        > > are different. One is for holding the bow while the other is for
        holding
        > > the arrow.
        >
        > No, we don't. There's only the one glove in kyudo. At least,
        > MODERN kyudo that is.
        >

        > Effingham

        Stone's Glossary shows three *pair* of gloves labled yugake (as well
        as 5 or so right-hand-only yukage) and comments that the bowhand was
        sometimes covered with a glove with maille-lining.

        Otagiri