Re: Asian Art Museum, San Francisco, CA

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
      > Posted by: "wodeford" wodeford@... wodeford
      >
      > I took my new digital to the Asian Art Museum today. Low light levels
      > made shooting a major challenge, so my apologies for the quality of
      > some of these.

      Look fine to me, you have a steady hand. Wish they had more paintings
      and less sculptures though. At one time the Stanford Museum had a show
      of Chinese historical paintings which was about twice to three times
      what the Asian displays. Still this hasn't much changed since they were
      still with the DeYoung, the ultimate museum combination.

      Jim
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...> wrote:
        > Look fine to me, you have a steady hand.

        That's because I didn't post the REALLY blurry ones. ;->

        Saionji no Hanae, West
      • Elaine Koogler
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2006
          wodeford wrote:
          > I took my new digital to the Asian Art Museum today. Low light levels
          > made shooting a major challenge, so my apologies for the quality of
          > some of these. Much of their collection is Edo period. The pottery NOT
          > identified as Edo is from the 16th century, and there are Kofun and
          > Heian sculptures and artifacts as well. Enjoy
          > http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wodeford/album?.dir=/a924scd
          >
          > Saionji no Hanae

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Thanks so much! Your photos are wonderful. If it would be ok, the next
          time I teach a class on Japanese pottery, in particular, I would like to
          use your photos...with due credit, of course.

          Kiri

          --
          Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
          As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

          -- Audrey Hepburn
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2006
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1@...> wrote:

            > Thanks so much! Your photos are wonderful. If it would be ok, the
            next
            > time I teach a class on Japanese pottery, in particular, I would
            like to
            > use your photos...with due credit, of course.

            Yes. I will try to remember to take notes next time identifying them.!

            Saionji