Re: [SCA-JML] Yugake

  • Anthony Bryant
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 2, 2006
      Solveig Throndardottir wrote:

      > Greetings from Solveig! Kyudo practitioners wear two gloves, but they
      > are different. One is for holding the bow while the other is for holding
      > the arrow.

      No, we don't. There's only the one glove in kyudo. At least,
      MODERN kyudo that is.

      Anthony J. Bryant
      Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

      All sorts of cool things Japanese and SCA:
      http://www.cafepress.com/sengokudaimyo
    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 6, 2006
        > > Greetings from Solveig! Kyudo practitioners wear two gloves, but they
        > > are different. One is for holding the bow while the other is for
        holding
        > > the arrow.
        >
        > No, we don't. There's only the one glove in kyudo. At least,
        > MODERN kyudo that is.
        >

        > Effingham

        Stone's Glossary shows three *pair* of gloves labled yugake (as well
        as 5 or so right-hand-only yukage) and comments that the bowhand was
        sometimes covered with a glove with maille-lining.

        Otagiri