Re: [SCA-JML] Yugake

    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 2, 2006
      Noble Cousins!

      Greetings from Solveig! Kyudo practitioners wear two gloves, but they
      are different. One is for holding the bow while the other is for holding
      the arrow.

    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 6, 2006
        > > Greetings from Solveig! Kyudo practitioners wear two gloves, but they
        > > are different. One is for holding the bow while the other is for
        holding
        > > the arrow.
        >
        > No, we don't. There's only the one glove in kyudo. At least,
        > MODERN kyudo that is.
        >

        > Effingham

        Stone's Glossary shows three *pair* of gloves labled yugake (as well
        as 5 or so right-hand-only yukage) and comments that the bowhand was
        sometimes covered with a glove with maille-lining.

        Otagiri