For the non lazy

  • Camber
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      I was woundering if somebody wanted to look up the correct Kanji for
      me, for the name Taninaka, (center of the valley)
    • Franzi
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
        On Sep 1, 2006, at 7:34 PM, Camber wrote:

        > I was woundering if somebody wanted to look up the correct Kanji for
        > me, for the name Taninaka, (center of the valley)
        I don't know if this will show up for you, but it's . I
        don't know if this is a correct surname though; it appears to be how
        you spell 'yanaka', an area in Tokyo.

        --Franzi
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006

          > I was woundering if somebody wanted to look up the correct Kanji for
          > me, for the name Taninaka, (center of the valley)

          There are two fairly common alternatives:

          and

          Also, naka is probably better translated as middle than "center".