Re: Proving Names

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 26, 2006
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Franzi Dickson <fdickson@...> wrote:
      > I've heard some complaints about the overuse of -ko names, but I
      agree that it's probably registerable. That said, I've been poking
      around google, and I haven't found any mention of period use of
      'yukiko' in particular, much less with the snow kanji.

      Evidently it IS registerable. There is someone named Higashiyama
      Yukiko who was registered in 2003.
      http://oanda.sca.org/cgi-bin/oanda_np.cgi?a=disabled&b=broad&c=case-insensitive&d=modern&g=disabled&l=500&p=%5cbyukiko%5cb&s=name+only

      Saionji Why didn't I think to check the O & A earlier no Hanae
      West Kingdom
    • Franzi
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 27, 2006
        On Aug 27, 2006, at 2:04 AM, wodeford wrote:
        > Evidently it IS registerable. There is someone named Higashiyama
        > Yukiko who was registered in 2003.
        That is a good sign, though it still doesn't prove that the snow
        +child combination of characters was used in period. (I realize it
        doesn't matter for registering the name, but it is interesting to note.)

        --Franzi