Re: [SCA-JML] Lacing question

  • Maddalena Alessandra
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2006
      >> -----------
      Moderator Note: This is an old post that was waiting in the moderation queue to which all first posts by new members wait for approval. This moderator apologizes for the delay. - Otagiri
      >> -----------

      Two thoughts:
      First There is a book available through the Borders
      chain that I have but can't find at the moment (a
      friend gave me-fairly inexpensive) something about
      'Japanese Armour ' though it does a lot out of period
      there is a section on 'laquering' the armour and
      lacing patterns.
      Second Depending on your time frame(if only as later
      replacement) you might consider weaving the lacings
      yourself (less expensive). The technique is available
      on the web for free.

      Please bear in mind I new to Japanese and generally
      just lurk and learn.

      Best of Luck
      Lady Maddalena Alessandra Godwin
      blue Saphyre of Gleann Abhann

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • sekinakagawa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15, 2006
        You can iron it between two sheets of fabric and it will flatten or you can
        use it in the round shape, again, it will give the appearance of the real
        thin.

      • Otagiri Tatsuzou
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 25, 2006

          http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html -> The Odoshi

          > also, where should i look for the lacing? i can't afford the prices of
          > the online stuff( lords, though it would be nice0. would a Wally
          > world, or good sewing shop carry what i need?

          Many of us use either bulk lace or shoe lace. One such vendor is
          http://lacesforless.com
          You can email the guys for bulk or other special orders.

          Hope this helps
          Otagiri