Re: [SCA-JML] Re: garb question

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2006
      They are probably made from cardboard, but other than that, they look okay.

      Alcyoneus

      wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "La Tanya Taylor" <latanya.taylor@...>
      wrote:

      > I got this link from a friend and I am wondering if the pickman
      costumes the
      > children are wearing are period. Can anyone tell me?

      "Aren't you a little short to be an ashigaru?"

      I think so. I will cheerfully defer to the armor experts, but they
      look like they've been kitted out as ashigaru (infantry) to me. The
      Soma Noma Oi festival (Wild Horse Chase) dates back to the Heian
      period, if I recall.

      For some more gorgeous photos of this event, check out:
      www.pbase.com/joanseeuw/soma_nomaoi_2005

      Saionji no Hanae
      West