Re: [SCA-JML] Homemade geta phase 1

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2006

      Greetings from Solveig! They are being a bit vague about when the
      geta were made aren't they. They do say that the port village was
      inhabited from the late Heian up until at least the early Muromachi
      period. The buildings are of course recreations. I have been to a
      number of recreated or in some cases preserved villages like this in
      Japan and Korea. Please note that the caption for the geta pretty
      much confirms what I have been saying about their use. Please,
      please, please, do not wear them into the feast hall and similar places.