Fwd: Short video (for children) on Japanese incense

  • Ellen Badgley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
      Greetings to the list,

      I am forwarding this along from another list I'm on, AlicesRestaurant
      (mostly about Japanese incense). It is a very cute short animated
      video that touches on appreciating Japanese incense, and shows some of
      the equipment of the Kohdo ceremony.

      (If you aren't totally relaxed by the end of it, I think there's
      something wrong with you.)

      - Abe no Kotori

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006

        Greetings from Solveig! I enjoyed the clip relating to kodo. Each of
        the clips actually contains two distinct "stories". They have quite a
        collection of them. The first one looks at cleaning Japanese gardens
        and how to clean a Japanese room. While not everything they say in
        the clips is necessarily completely correct, they will give you a
        good introduction to traditional Japanese culture.

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elYy1GuBMog

        All together, there are some 18 stories in this series posted on-line.