Re: [SCA-JML] Making waraji - heel loops?

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
      Noble Cousins!

      Greetings from Solveig! Yes, and you see regional variations in hay
      bales also.

    • Rick Johnson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
        I am the opposite in that I love learning new skills and being Air
        Force retired, have no wealth to speak of.
        But I was willing to purchase them and found a number of internet
        sites where they could be found at around $15-$25 a pair.
        The fact that I found that the life-span of the waraji is measured in
        a few miles or days is what convinced me to make my own.
        Why spend that much for something that would last only one event?

        Mo wonder the travelers along the Taikaido would give their worn
        sandlas to the poor for fire-tender as they walked.

        Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
        http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
        http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
        http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

        Please note: message attached