Re: [SCA-JML] More armor questions...

  • M&A
    Message 1 of 60 , Nov 2, 2000
      Godric Logan,

      I am by no means an expert but these are the ways I have passed fighter
      inspection.

      Elbows: I purchased hockey elbow pads at a used sports store for 20.00 that
      have elbow side protection and wear them under my Kote. I simply do not
      lace the kote up as tight to allow for ease of arm movement.

      knee guards: again I purchased roller blade knee pads for 25.00 and added
      leather side wings to protect inner and outer sides of my knee. These I
      wear under my pants.

      Rigid ankle protection? That's a new one to me. Please look at my pictures
      for details, you can e-mail me for further questions.

      hand guards: I purchased a pair of articulated steel gauntlets for 40.00
      and removed the flared cuff and replaced it with a reverse articulated
      straight cuff. They look pretty close to Japanese hand protection. If you
      wish to see my armor I have included a link where I have the pictures
      posted.

      http://communities.msn.com/MarksArmor

      Good luck

      Mori

      Message 60 of 60 , Nov 8, 2000
        Noble Cousins!

        I agree about the Yamanoue. Aside from its historical attestation, it
        follows a regular locative construction. As for Kemuri, while it is
        impossible to prove that anything which follows the sound system for
        a language is NOT a name, Kemuri is in the class of things which are
        unlikely to be a name. For example, Quidich and Dumbledore are
        reasonable phonetic constructions, but I would be surprised to meet
        anyone over the age of five with either of those. Borrowing from
        English Onomastics, we pretty much know when the name Wendy was
        invented. No we can not prove that it was never ever used by anyone
        before its use in literature, but we have no reason to believe that
        it was. Similarly, we have no reason to believe that Kemuri was
        used as a Japanese name.

        | techie.com, msn.com |