Kamakura Monk

  • David
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 23, 2006
      Konnichi wa,

      Trying to search for the proper terms...
      I'm looking to be a Shinto Monk. So far all I can find is Buddhist
      monks...
      Is the seven ring staff exclusive to Buddhist?
      What terms can I search for to find a travelling personal shrine?
      Anyone familiar with the arming tents for Japanese riflemen?
      I'm looking to use a similar design for a personal tent...

      Anyway, that's my latest list of questions for the group.
      I'll have more soon. :)

      David "Ookami" Mc. - Master Mikal has told me my camp is going to be
      so Japanese it will be painful next Lilie's...
      http://geocities.com/elecwolf
      Bard in training, fool by practice
    • Park McKellop
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 2 9:31 AM
        Chinese, I believe.

        Alcyoneus

        "Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)" <tatsushu@...> wrote:
        On 7/2/06, Park McKellop <squire009@...> wrote:

        > Red was also the traditional color for the door for martial arts instructors.
        >
        > Alcyoneus

        For particular martial arts instructors? I've never seen this
        particular tradition before--or is it a Chinese tradition?