Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 2127

  • Leah Lloyd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7 6:51 AM
      Correct. Kuge women in the Heian period would wear nagabakama.
      However, I believe that there is also an under-pair of hakama--I'd
      have to go check to see if this is the same pattern as the ooguchi
      hakama that the men wear or not. I'm not sure if they always had two
      pair, though.

      -Ii

      Thank you both. I'd be very interested in more information on the underpair, and more reference on the ueno-hakama and koki-hakama. Are the ueno-hakama worn exclusively by young unmarried women (since they're white in this example, and lined in red)?

      Danabren/Kuro Kamakiri