Re: Fwd: A little event teaser and a request for input

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2006
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)"
      <tatsushu@...> wrote:

      > That said, a more controlled event, such as a demo including
      > tameshigiri by folks that you vet and trust, or else a 'kata'
      > competition could be interesting, imho (likely to get some very...
      > interesting... things in any type of open competition that you hold,
      > though).

      I should add that the "Asian" population of the West is very small. If
      the event goes off, the likelihood is that many of the competitors may
      not be familiar enough with Japanese martial activities to pull
      anything too complicated off without somebody getting badly hurt. The
      simpler the better.

      Saionji
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2006

        > - Chinese Character Identification (Most Chinese characters are
        > pictorially representative of their underlying concepts. Partial
        > points
        > will be awarded for creative answers!)
        Sounds like the organizer doesn't know much kanji. Most kanji combine
        an ideographic component and a phonetic component. However, it sounds
        like an amusing event.