Re: [SCA-JML] new to group

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006

      Greetings from Solveig! Welcome to the mailing list! You should
      probably also check out:

      http://www.yamakaminari.com/Projects/How_to.html

      for plans for rough-and-ready kit to help get yourselves started.
      Incidentally, the question of hakama is more varied than people may
      tell you. What period are you interested in? With a -me style female
      name, I would guess either Nara or Heian. If that is the case, then
      you get to wear not one, but two pairs of hakama at the same time.

      Incidentally, you should check out the Costume Museum in Kyoto:

      http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/

      Here you can visually "shop" for clothing which interests you.