new to group

  • darkoak_2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2006
      Hi we are new to this group but not to the sca, used to play but
      took a sabatical and want to come back as Japanese. We are in
      Artemisia if anybody is from there. We would like to play in the
      Muromachi period and have found some names that we like and hope
      that they are period. Tbe name that he likes is Yamashiro Nagamitsu
      and the one that I like is Kanamore Yamabukime. The first question
      is if we want to play as married do our surnames have to match? Also
      I have my AoA with my other persona and was wondering how that
      transfers and what the appropriate title would be. We would
      appreciate any help that we can get especially with clothes and
      armor. I have some material but I am pretty sure that it is not
      period now that I have done some research and have red material for
      hakamas (already cut out) that I now realize that I do not need :(
      and the other material we have has small geometric patterns on it?
      Any good links for how to make armor that would work for the sca and
      be quick and relatively inexpensive to start (working our way into
      good stuff to start) He wants to be heavy and I would love to be
      his archer (any links for that) Sorry I know this is a lot we are
      both just so excited and would love any help that can be offered.

      Yours in Service
      Naga and Yama
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2006
        Noble Cousins!

        Greetings from Solveig! Welcome to the mailing list! You should
        probably also check out:

        http://www.yamakaminari.com/Projects/How_to.html

        for plans for rough-and-ready kit to help get yourselves started.
        Incidentally, the question of hakama is more varied than people may
        tell you. What period are you interested in? With a -me style female
        name, I would guess either Nara or Heian. If that is the case, then
        you get to wear not one, but two pairs of hakama at the same time.

        Incidentally, you should check out the Costume Museum in Kyoto:

        http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/

        Here you can visually "shop" for clothing which interests you.

      • violaangel01
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5, 2006
          Sorry about the double post we were having trouble with our computer
          and it said that it did not go through

          Many apologies
          Yama