Re: Lack of local Herald

  • autumnriver
    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2006
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ezequiel" <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:

      > Kombawa,
      > Noble one a note on herealds, I don't know about all kindoms, but at
      > least in Atlantia you do not need to submit through a local branch
      > herald, you can get directions fron the internet site.

      I second what Nakagawa-dono has said. You are not limited to working
      with your local herald. My very first heraldic entry went through a
      consulting table at Pennsic, and later, due to there not being a local
      group established where I live anymore, I dealt with either the
      kingdom herald or his regional deputy most of the time.

      The downside is, you do need to stay on top of your submission's
      progress yourself, and do a lot of your own research. A good local
      herald can be an excellent advocate for you if problems come up. It
      was very frustrating to have to hunt down people long-distance to
      explain to me exactly WHY and WHAT was the matter with my submissions.

      Ki no Torame
      Message 2 of 4 , May 11, 2006
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "autumnriver" <tace@...> wrote:

        > I second what Nakagawa-dono has said. You are not limited to working
        > with your local herald.

        I was utterly appalled when somebody came to me with name questions.
        When I asked if he'd gone to the consultation table, he told me that
        the kingdom people said to see me. I am not a herald. I have never
        BEEN a herald, and I am not all that well versed in Japanese naming
        practices or it wouldn't've taken me three years to pick a name for
        myself! Besides, the consultation table HAS the book, not me.

        Bloody Westerners.