Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Much thanks to you all!

    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2006

      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku has a fairly good description of
      > the evolution of haiku from earlier Japanese poetic forms. Heian poets
      > would be writing waka, as haiku develops much later on.

      An interesting Wikipedia article. There are at least a few minor
      technical errors in it. As for the origin of the term "haiku", I am
      reserving judgment at this point. The stuff by Basho is called "haiku"
      in several Japanese texts that I own. However, "hatsuku" does show up
      with several meanings in Kogojiten.