Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 2089

  • Leah Lloyd
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      I KNEW I'd seen this online somewhere. This is an East Kingom King's
      Order of Excellence (authenticity in persona) awarded several years
      ago to Fujiwara no Aoi. The artist is Mistress Danabren Madadh Mara
      (in whose company I am a talentless hack who took a month and a half
      to learn how to write three kanji very badly). She also did the AoA
      scroll for my friend Fujimaki in a similar style. In both cases, the
      text is in Japanese, but was accompanied with a translation.

      http://signet.eastkingdom.org/gallery.php?img=63

      *blush*

      Yes, that was me.

      I teach a class on creating a Japanese "hack" hand in the SCA, and both of those scrolls really *are* in modern English - the translation is included because no one ever believes that it's actualy legible :)

      (Your compliments turned an otherwise icky day completely around!)

      Kuro Kamakiri aka Danabren