Re: [SCA-JML] Beaded Kimono

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 13, 2006
      On 4/13/06, Jessica Dodge <kaythiarain@...> wrote:

      > please look at my beaded kimono.

      okay, I think that is it. What do you think?
      > Hotaru Hayashida

      I think this looks like a beautiful modern piece. It is a wonderful blend
      of the Japanese and Elizabethan aesthetic. I really like the open tops on
      the sleeves.

      I think you are right about the hang of the fabric. I was trying to place
      it before, and that's probably what makes this seem more like an Elizabethan
      gown with kimono sleeves than a kimono with Elizabethan influences--if that
      makes any sense.

      It looks like you've done a lot of really nice work on this.

    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 13, 2006
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JESSICA DODGE <kaythiarain@...> wrote:

        It is somewhat reminescent of Princess Amidala.

        --otagiri