A question

  • LT
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7, 2006
      Greetings,

      I'm looking for the correct term for the wooden contraption that the
      Japanese kept their prisoners in. It was a block of wood that had a
      hold for their neck, and two holes for their wrists so that their
      hands were in front of their face. Were those called also called
      stocks or was there another term for it. Also is this period?

      my thanks.

      -Affrika
    • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7, 2006
        On 4/7/06, LT <latanya.taylor@...> wrote:
        > Greetings,
        >
        > I'm looking for the correct term for the wooden contraption that the
        > Japanese kept their prisoners in. It was a block of wood that had a
        > hold for their neck, and two holes for their wrists so that their
        > hands were in front of their face. Were those called also called
        > stocks or was there another term for it. Also is this period?

        Well, the Japanese certainly didn't call them 'stocks', but I think
        that the term is appropriate. Not sure what the correct Japanese name
        is for it.