Re: [SCA-JML] Saddle source?

  • Donald Luby
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2006
      On Mar 28, 2006, at 6:07 PM, Jason wrote:

      > Does anyone know where I might be able to find a traditional Japanese
      > saddle and stirrups?

      Japanese stirrups and saddles show up on eBay from time to time;
      depending on the quality, antiquity, and everything else you'd expect,
      prices vary. I've bought two pair of stirrups myself, one for display
      (lovely worked pattern into the steel, silver inlay intact, &c), one
      for potential use (still functionally fine, but not nearly as nice);
      it's been several years, so I don't recall the exact prices I paid, but
      I believe that the 'functional' pair ran me in the neighborhood of $200
      - $300.

      On the kinokuniya site, they do have one pair of stirrups available,
      listed at 150,000¥, or $1275, and two saddles, both listed at 280,000¥,
      or ~$2385.

      > Jason D.

      Sir Koredono