Re: [SCA-JML] OT (but Japanese): Only in Japan...

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2006

      Greetings from Solveig! The picture is quitessentially modern Japan.
      Incidentally, I have it from Japanese TV that those animal suits can
      get very very hot and very very stuffy. As I recall, one place,
      possibly Disneyland, they had oxygen bottles behind the scenes for the
      people wearing them to periodically revive themselves. The GI helmets
      are also oh so familiar. Railroad workmen wear them, ambulance crews
      wear them, &c. The business about earthquakes is no joke. Tokyo gets
      reasonably sizable earthquakes fairly regularly.