Re: [SCA-JML] Regalia

  • Park McKellop
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 15, 2006
      Anyone on the field in armor, who is not Chiv, or a squire, by definition is a man-at-arms. ;-) But I don't live in a kingdom where there is really a name associated with junior household members. Here, a seargent is a position in the Kingdom Army, and it can be filled by whoever the Crown wants, although it will typically be a fyrdman or a huscarl.

      Alcyoneus

      "Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)" <tatsushu@...> wrote:

      > Greetings from Solveig! The collection of appropriated belt colours is
      > interesting:
      >
      > WHITE - Knights
      > RED - Squires
      > GREEN - Apprentices
      > YELLOW - Protoges
      > BLUE - Men at Arms
      > BLACK - Sergeants
      >
      > You will notice that all of the standard heraldic tinctures are "taken"
      > by somebody.

      Perhaps, but only the white belt is actually registered with the CoA.
      The rest are traditions, but I don't think I've really seen people get
      riled about them unless you appear to be using them in the above
      context(s): e.g. a woman wearing a decorative red belt might not have
      anything said to her. That same woman out on a list field fighting
      with that red belt (or if she is known as a fighter), or a man wearing
      a red belt on the list field, might have someone come up and talk to
      her or him.