Re: Footwear (was RE: Re: [SCA-JML] Random pieces...)

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006
      Noble Cousin!

      Greetings from Solveig! The black for men white for women thing is a
      bit mistaken even for today's Japan. Some activities require different
      sorts of tabil. You will see men wearing white tabi in appropriate
      circumstances. Incidentally, in order to dispel dispute, I checked to
      make sure that I have plenty of pictures of very proper elderly
      Japanese men wearing white tabi. In period, you will, as I recall, even
      encounter brocade tabi. Regardless, white tabi are the default. Also,
      carpenter boots are not tabi.