Japanese Piracy

  • Robert Andrade
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2006
      Noble Sir:

      What little I know disagrees with the truely Maritime portion of your statement. I could be wrong however what I read points to the use of ships and the like as an extension of fishing that was being done. The military persay was not involved 'on a grand scale' and the stories I have read...Again this is based on what little I have read...points to pushing to the sea as a way of getting away from what was considered as oppression or to save
      ones life.

      As I have said this is based on the scant amount of information I have found and not the result of an exhaustive search into the subject.

      your humble servant
      Yoarashi no Keikentaka

      Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:49:23 GMT
      From: "Rick Johnson" <rikjohnson@...>
      Subject: Re: Japanese piracy

      How true.
      For a truely maritime nation, the info on medieval Japanese ships is woefully inadequate.

      there. For a while I was into a naval miniatures gaming system and
      bought a few of them. You can get plans for steam powered junks and
      similar things. Finding earlier stuff is a bit more difficult. You
      don't even get a lot at the National museum at Ueno. In contrast, the
      National Museum in Seoul has a scale model of the turtle.