Re: New here, but don't feel alone...

  • Caroline Foster
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
      in all times of every generation there live a few who the Tempting
      One, Mara-sama, could not corrupt in the usual manner. It was
      impossible to lead them to murder, lechery, robbery. The One could
      not even get them to cease studying the Dharma! In one way only could
      the inner passions of these scholarly souls be exploited: through
      their vanity.

      ou're the son of his majesty
      Remember how it used to be
      In the light of day it's easy to see
      Now it's nighttime
      You had to leave

      *You got Separated from the king
      Now the water's rushing and you keep trying to
      swim against the streams*
      * it seems, like your not moving the many water's
      gushing you gasp for air
      Almost drowning ears ringing, once upon a time we
      were singing
      One day *those trees will stand and clap hands
      Stream of thought getting caught in the klipa,
      this place is just a shell, external
      Egos swell, that one'll burn ya, we fell a long
      way down, that eternal frown'll get you
      You look vexed it's the dregs, the yetzer hara's
      lurking
      Trying to make *us forget we got a job to do
      your a priest and a prince and you can't be
      moved,
      *a priest and a prince and you can't be

      Chorus: You're a warrior, Fighting for your soul
      Taken from a world above, and brought down to *
      this world below
      Re-united, re-united return the princess to the
      king,
      Re-united, re-united, she's been taken for so
      long
      Re-unite them, re-unite *them and then she'll be
      filled with joy
      Re-unite them , re-unite *them like the days of
      her youth

      Descended to the pit
      What's this feeling can't get rid of it
      Soul sick
      Can't seem to shake it
      When one retires at night weeping, joy will come
      in the morning
      You made my mountain stand strong

      Chorus
      Chorus: You're a warrior, Fighting for your soul
      Taken from a world above, and brought down to *
      this world below

      Like and ancient memory
      Remember how it used to be
      Close your eyes and breath in
      * the scent of freedom
      Ringing across the sea
      Land of milk and honey
      One day will wake up from this dream and we'll
      stop sleeping
      Oh, yo, then we'll see clearly

      Chorus
      Chorus: You're a warrior, Fighting for your soul
      Taken from a world above, and brought down to *
      this world below.

      Kobodaishi explains that nothing has its own individual existence, its
      own personal substance. Into this life, this body, this time, this
      place, these personas . . . for no reason.

      Role playing games, the Buddha's metaphor for consciousness. Twice
      removed, Plato style.

      KICK IT.