New here, but don't feel alone...

  • Murakami Yoshiatsu
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
      Greetings to all... I'm very, very happy to have found this
      group. I am a Japanese Pirate (after reading the messages here, I
      found out I'm not the only one), in the Canton of Vest Yorvik, Barony
      of Septentria, Kingdom of Ealdormere. Info on Japanese Piracy is not
      easy to come by, so any help is appreciated. I look forward to the
      following days and months, as I actually have a Japanese SCA group to
      talk to!

      Innoshima Murakami Yoshiatsu (my friends call me Yoshi)
      Paul Perreault
    • Diane Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
        Welcome to the fun.

        Japanese Pirates? Interesting. I think that info is
        about as hard to come by as Historical Zen robe
        patterns. :D So we're in the same... boat? so to
        speak?

        I am Qara Unegen of the Barony of Dreiburgen, Caid.

        Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for and have
        a good time doing it. :D

        THE Q

        --- Murakami Yoshiatsu <murakami_yoshiatsu@...>
        wrote:

        > Greetings to all... I'm very, very happy to
        > have found this
        > group. I am a Japanese Pirate (after reading the
        > messages here, I
        > found out I'm not the only one), in the Canton of
        > Vest Yorvik, Barony
        > of Septentria, Kingdom of Ealdormere. Info on
        > Japanese Piracy is not
        > easy to come by, so any help is appreciated. I look
        > forward to the
        > following days and months, as I actually have a
        > Japanese SCA group to
        > talk to!
        >
        > Innoshima Murakami Yoshiatsu (my friends call me
        > Yoshi)
        > Paul Perreault

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Caroline Foster
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2006
          in all times of every generation there live a few who the Tempting
          One, Mara-sama, could not corrupt in the usual manner. It was
          impossible to lead them to murder, lechery, robbery. The One could
          not even get them to cease studying the Dharma! In one way only could
          the inner passions of these scholarly souls be exploited: through
          their vanity.

          ou're the son of his majesty
          Remember how it used to be
          In the light of day it's easy to see
          Now it's nighttime
          You had to leave

          *You got Separated from the king
          Now the water's rushing and you keep trying to
          swim against the streams*
          * it seems, like your not moving the many water's
          gushing you gasp for air
          Almost drowning ears ringing, once upon a time we
          were singing
          One day *those trees will stand and clap hands
          Stream of thought getting caught in the klipa,
          this place is just a shell, external
          Egos swell, that one'll burn ya, we fell a long
          way down, that eternal frown'll get you
          You look vexed it's the dregs, the yetzer hara's
          lurking
          Trying to make *us forget we got a job to do
          your a priest and a prince and you can't be
          moved,
          *a priest and a prince and you can't be

          Chorus: You're a warrior, Fighting for your soul
          Taken from a world above, and brought down to *
          this world below
          Re-united, re-united return the princess to the
          king,
          Re-united, re-united, she's been taken for so
          long
          Re-unite them, re-unite *them and then she'll be
          filled with joy
          Re-unite them , re-unite *them like the days of
          her youth

          Descended to the pit
          What's this feeling can't get rid of it
          Soul sick
          Can't seem to shake it
          When one retires at night weeping, joy will come
          in the morning
          You made my mountain stand strong

          Chorus
          Chorus: You're a warrior, Fighting for your soul
          Taken from a world above, and brought down to *
          this world below

          Like and ancient memory
          Remember how it used to be
          Close your eyes and breath in
          * the scent of freedom
          Ringing across the sea
          Land of milk and honey
          One day will wake up from this dream and we'll
          stop sleeping
          Oh, yo, then we'll see clearly

          Chorus
          Chorus: You're a warrior, Fighting for your soul
          Taken from a world above, and brought down to *
          this world below.

          Kobodaishi explains that nothing has its own individual existence, its
          own personal substance. Into this life, this body, this time, this
          place, these personas . . . for no reason.

          Role playing games, the Buddha's metaphor for consciousness. Twice
          removed, Plato style.

          KICK IT.