Re: [SCA-JML] Fwd: Membership to be required to fight and recieve awards

  • Jim Barrows
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2006
      On 3/3/06, Maddalena Alessandra <maddalex@...> wrote:

      > You all rarely hear from me I just lurk usually.
      >
      > With regards to fighting, I have been told it is
      > necessary to have membership because of insurance
      > isssues. I can see where this is probably the case
      > for at least some states and therefore must be
      > enforced nationwide to cover the mudane legalities (of
      > being able to fight at any event) and getting sites.

      When I was a warranted marshal, you had to be a member to get authorized.
      Since in Atenveldt, at the time authorizations were lifetimes, many fighters
      let their membership lapse.

      With regards to awards and scrolls, the 'membership'
      > issue is the reason most of Meridian scrolls are
      > non-persona oriented and often copies from an original

      Atenveldt the scrolls are original, with the persons name filled in before
      the event in which they are to be awarded. I suppose that sometimes they
      are done at the event, but in general there is an attempt to ge them done
      before hand.
      How the process goes from recommendation to scroll, I'm not 100% sure, but
      someone does check for membership elegibility etc.

      --
      James A Barrows